Refurbished Estate Pipe, Brigham System Italy Tobacco Pipe from the 1980’s.
The cost of producing quality smoking pipes increased in Canada, during the early 1980’s. Due to this Brigham commissioned Italian pipe makers to produce the Brigham System pipe. These less expensive Tobacco pipes were produced to Brigham’s specifications, which also included the same Brigham Filter System as their high-end lines.
The Brigham System pipe was identified by a Yellow Star Mark.during the 1980’s and 90’s. Changing to a maple leaf in 2001.
Refurbished Estate Pipe Size and Condition
Refurbishing this Brigham System Pipe was a multi-step process.
- First the Stem was given a Oxi-Clean bath for several hours.
- During this time the Bowl was Reamed, and cleaned with grain alcohol.
- After the Oxi-Clean bath, grain alcohol was used to remove any residue inside the pipe stem.
- A mixture of rock salt and grain alcohol was then used in the final cleaning of the bowl.
- Once all cleaning completed, the stem was sanded with micro mesh pads to remove any teeth marks.
- After the Tobacco Pipe was reassembled, it was buffed to a high gloss shine using White Diamond compound.
- And polished with Carnauba Wax.
This Brigham System Pipe is 5-7/8″ in overall length with a 3/4″ bowl.